Audit committee role
The Audit Committee consults the Board on accounting, audit and internal control matters. In particular, its tasks include:
- monitoring the financial reporting process
- monitoring the effectiveness of the Company’s internal control and risk management systems
- monitoring the internal audit and its effectiveness
- monitoring the external audit of annual and consolidated accounts, including any follow-up on the external auditor’s potential questions and recommendations, and
- verifying and monitoring the external auditor’s independence, particularly when the auditor provides additional services to the Company.